Anyone heard about the new changes? If not I'll tell you about some.
On Monday, those of you who play ranked, will receive borders and rewards based on your placement. (Source for these: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/new...ason-3-rewards
Bronze or higher: Season 3 Summoner Icon
You’ll earn a Summoner Icon that displays your accomplishments. There is a different icon for each tier.
Silver or higher: Profile banner trim, Loading screen border, and Victorious Ward Skin
From your profile banner to your loading screen, reach Silver or higher to earn the corresponding trim. Each tier has a different colored trim. At Silver tier, you’ll also pick up a new permanent Victorious Ward skin to light up the jungle your way.
Gold or higher: Season 3 medal for Buddy and Team invitations and Victorious Champion Skin
Should you climb to the highest ranks of competitive play, you’ll greet new friends and teammates with a personalized invitation badge that shows off your success in shiny style (unique to your tier). You’ll also earn the permanent Victorious Ward skin and a unique Victorious skin.
This video is very good at showing you what is going to be changing (as of now).
In words, the changes are the following:
- Trinkets: A totally new feature. There is now an extra inventory slot that you use with a trinket. It cannot be filled with another type of item, only trinkets. All of the trinkets are upgradable (costs gold) and upgrade (for free) at level nine. Warding Totem is used for placing stealth wards (green wards) that last for 60 seconds. This is on a 120 second cooldown. Sweeping Lens is used for scanning for invisible devices, traps, and wards. It reveals them and disables them for a period of time. It is similar to oracles, but goes on cooldown (I'm fairly certain that oracles is being removed from the game). Scrying Orb is similar to the summoner spell Clairvoyance. On doing it's active, it will reveal a circle of the fog of war. It is not global however, and of course goes on cooldown after use.
- Bushes are going to be changed. Some are being reshaped, and there is now an animation when you run through the bushes.
- New jungle camp near blue buff. One single monster, looks similar to the big wraith, but even bigger. This camp is called the Wight.
- There are going to be many more gold income items (GP/10). Basically, supports are getting a buff so they can be more useful than just running around putting wards everywhere.
- Some champions will be receiving reworks. Examples: Xerath is receiving an ability rework so that he can actually kill people when his ult is on cooldown. Nasus is receiving a visual rework, and a new skin!
That's all I know of right now. I guess you could consider this my first article. Any criticism/critiques?